Processing Bookkeeping Transactions
My Learning Style is Multi-modal. This means I can learn in all different styles, whether it be Visual, Aural, Reading/Writing or Kinaesthetic. To help me prepare for my Bookkeeping exam, I used Kinaesthetic and Read/Write activities. These activities include 'Matching up Debits and Credits' and 'Practice Assessments'.
Some of the strengths I possess include having the experience of what a working world is like. This means I know what it is like to work within a group. This may help when preparing for the exam as I could work effectively in a group to help gain knowledge from my peers.
Also, I have experience of working alone. I can put this into action when I am self-studying. For example, I can use the AAT Website to test out some Practice Assessments or Green Light Tests.#
I can refer to my Blog to seek help. I can do this by checking any model answers or references that may help me to aid myself in my Exam.
Tuesday, 23 February 2016
Tuesday, 24 November 2015
Developing Study Skills
- Visual- 6
- Read/ Write- 7
- Aural- 9
Working with Others
While studying for our bookkeeping exam a few weeks ago, I work with three other students to complete a practise assessment. This turned out to be very helpful as when one of us was stuck on a difficult question, we would help eachother out with finding the answer.
Thursday, 12 November 2015
- Experience within a Working World
- Set Goals for the Future
- Avoiding Slang
- Work Well while Under Pressure
- Good Use of Initiative
My Strengths are what I need to make me stand out from others. These can also be improved to help me to have Even Better Working Skills and have Better Advantages over Others.
- Weak Inter-Personal Skills
Tuesday, 20 October 2015
I also did a Walkthrough to the Second Part of Computeried Accounts. Once again, I had created a Walkthrough to help remind myself , and others, on how it works.
- Firstly, I had to refer to the BACS Remittance Advice Notes that were received from a customer and enter the transactions on the document.
- Secondly, I had referred to the payments made to the suppliers and print a Remittance Advice to assist the payment.
- Next, I had to make a referrence towards the email. After that, I had to imput the transactions.
- After that, I had to input the all of the Cash Sales to ensure we had them all put down on record.
- Then, I had to input a Standing Order by a recurring entry.
- Following on to the Petty Cash Re-Imbursement Slip and the Petty Cash Vouchers, we had to input Journal Entries including Debit and Credit.
- I then had to enter a Bank Statement including Interest that is Received from the Bank.
- Lastly, I had to Reconcile the Bank Statement. If it was not Reconciling, we would have to manually make corrections towards the work.
- First, you open Sage 50 Accounts Professional 2012 and you will come to an opening page which shows customers once the program is opened.
- Then click ‘ File’ and then click ‘New’. After that, click ‘Company’ which will set up the new company for you to begin.
- You will be taken onto a page which will help you set up your company.
The Numbers on the side of the page will help you to create your company Step-By-Step.
- Once you have all the information filled, a ‘Create’ Button will Pop-Up on the Confirm Details page. Click it and you will be taken onto the next part.
- The Company has now been created. You will now be taken onto a blank page. Click the customer button to add New Customers to your list.
- Once you have clicked Customers, you will see a button that says Change View, click that and then select ‘Customers’ to end of the page. Then to add a new Customer, click New either At the Top or On the Side of the page.
- Then Enter the Customer Information and when the Information is completed, click ‘create’ and do that for any more customers you may have.
- Then for the Suppliers, click ‘Suppliers’ and then click ‘New’ to enter the information. Once the information is complete, click ‘create’. Repeat this for any other suppliers you may have.
- To enter a Nominal Ledger, click:- Company; Journals and then you should be taken onto a blank table. This table can have information entered on it by putting in a Nominal Ledger Code; a Name; a set of Details and an amount of money in the Credit or Debit Section. Once finished, click ‘Save’ to save the information .